Thursday, September 18, 2014

Nigerian Coconut Macaroni With Grilled Fish, Vegetables

Nigerian Coconut Macaroni With Grilled Fish, Vegetables

Nigerian coconut macaroni served with fish and vegetables.
Nigerian coconut macaroni served smoking hot. Why do I feel like I posted this coconut macaroni before? Any way, no time to go checking archives now but if later I find it in any old folder, this will be taken down, but, for now let's cook our coconut macaroni.

I labelled this Nigerian coconut macaroni cos it's cooked same way we cooked coconut rice with beef except that macaroni cooked in just ten minutes and this was cooked with just crayfish and
dry catfish.
Grilled chicken for a later post, it accidentally got here and I don't have the guts to delete this juicy chicken abeg
This grilled fish is not the one werved with the rice o. I'm just showing off my new grill pan jare. The fish served with macaroni was grilled in my old fry pan.
Adding coconut milk to my stock, all ingredients are already in, tasted for salt and seasoning before adding macaroni cos it cooks fast. before. Had beef stock in the freezer which came in handy
Sautee onion, Seasoning cubes, green pepper, tatashe, spring onion, carrots, cabbage etc if you have them. I made do with the little ingredients I could find at home. You can do with more and then less green pepper. Cook your vegetables for as long as you can enjoy but not over cooked.
Add red kidney beans to the vegetables if you like, if not maybe you try baked beans in tomato sauce:)
I added half a cup of  beef stock to make some sauce. Red Kidney beans is just bland so, season your sauce to your taste.
In ate this one, everything. Maybe that's why I have  gained a little. The gym refused to register me that I should return when baby is six months cos according to them, those exercises will affect breast milk flow. I look forward to when I can return to the gym for now, a little coconut something is not bad.
Coconut macaroni. I ate more of the macaroni than veggies, don't know why

My old fry pan. I cannot dump you o. Still very useful.

Don't know what I clicked on this camera to be getting a wrong date. I don't even need any date and can't find the manual. How can I cook this type of yummy macaroni in 2004? when then I was just using maybe only a Nokia 3310 (Those first Nokia rugged phones). In 2004 I didn't even have this camera and didn't think of sharing my recipes Online abeg. Ignore the date and just cook your coconut macaroni.
Enjoy.

1 comment: